Disrict 18/ Zonta Club of Accra Metropolitan
Formation of Club
The Zonta Club of Accra Metropolitan, (No. 1817) the fourth Zonta Club in Ghana, was chartered on 30th September 2006 with 17 members on roll. The Club focuses on service through advocacy as a means of projecting the objectives of Zonta International within identified local communities in Accra.
The following members have served as Presidents to date
1. Zontian Preba Greenstreet : 2006 – 2008
2. Zontian Joyce Bannerman Wood : 2008 – 2011
3. Zontian Stella Amoa : 2011 – 2013
4. Zontian Jackie Aidoo- Mills : 2013 – 2015
5. Zontian Sophia Amissah Laryea : 2015 - 2017
The Board Members of the Club for the 2015-2017 Biennium are
Zontian Sophia Amissah Laryea : President
Zontian Anthonia Bannerman-Quist : Vice-President
Zontian Luigia Zakkour : Treasurer
Zontian Susan Sam : Secretary
Zontian Sefakor Tamakloe : Director
Zontian Lauretta Aryeetey : Director
Zontian Stella Amoa : Director
The current membership of the club stands at 13. In addition to the Board, members of the Club include: Zontian Joyce Bannerman- Wood, Zontian Elfrida Adablah, Zontian Jackie Mills-Aidoo and Zontian Sandy Kojo-Andah, Zontian Dorothy Kingsley-Nyinah and Zontian Dorothy Tackie.
1. In October 2016 the Club marked the International Day of the Girl by engaging in a public educational campaign on radio and giving a motivational talk to teenage girls at the St Mary’s Senior High School in Accra.
2. The outbreak of Ebola in the West African Region raised issues of public health and in April 2015, the Club organized a health talk on basic health care and the symptoms and causes of Ebola with an inter-denominational church located at Tudu in the central district of Accra.
3. In early June 2015, heavy rains caused flooding in Accra which left many homeless, and caused a fuel Station to explode, killing over 100 people in Adabraka, a suburb of Accra. The Club responded to a popular Radio Station, Starr FM’s requests for assistance and donated bales of used clothing and bags of drinking water to the victims of the disaster.
4. Members of our Club spent a half-day at the Amrahia Basic School, a sub-urban school, about 8 kilometres from Accra conducting career counseling sessions with the pupils. The Club also donated a quantity of books, and identified 10 needy girls to whom we provided school uniforms.
©Copyrights 2016. Zonta International District 18 All Rights Reserved
Website By (+233245711809)